- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Skeeter Snacks to launch in New England Walgreens
- USPLabs agrees to recall and destroy dietary supplement following FDA actions
- CFC inhalers to be phased out by end of year, FDA says
- Carmex expands skin care portfolio with fragrance-free cream
NANUET, N.Y. — AllerMates on Thursday launched an online community at AllerMates.com for parents and healthcare professionals to exchange experiences, seek advice, post recipes, get breaking news and alerts, make friends, share photos and videos, use the “ask the doctor platform” and create a strong support network of allies among others dealing with allergies and asthma.
“The creation of an AllerMates online community was a natural extension of the benefits that AllerMates have brought to families with food allergies and other health ailments,” stated AllerMates CEO Iris Shamus. “Linking up with other kids and their families dealing with the ever-present challenges of allergies and asthma, especially during May’s Allergy and Asthma Awareness Month, gives people an important resource and lets them know they are not alone."
Among the many free features and resources on the site are a physician and professional directory, restaurant cards, action plans, downloadable schools signs and children’s activities.