- Alberto V05 introduces new Men's 3-in-1
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- CVS/pharmacy unveils Nuance Salma Hayek spring 2014 collection
- Nielsen survey: Price most persuasive when incentivizing brand switch; improved features least influential
- MopTop hair care launches in Whole Foods
NEW YORK — Dating back to the 1960s with the launch of Psssssst, dry shampoo certainly isn’t a new concept. But the niche segment has been given new life with a string of new launches and enhanced formulas for today’s modern beauty maven.
In early 2010, TRESemmé introduced its Fresh Start collection, featuring the Fresh Start dry shampoo. More recently in 2011, several manufacturers have expanded the category, including Psssssst, now a Freeman brand, with a new version for wavy or curly hair that hit shelves in January.
In February, Henkel’s got2b brand unveiled its Rockin’ It collection, which includes its new fresh dry shampoo. In addition, Salon Grafix’s spring 2011 launches include a travel-size invisible dry spray shampoo.