- Supervalu sells 877 stores, reuniting Albertsons under one operator
- Albertsons appoints division presidents; Justin Dye to head pharmacy
- Supervalu completes deal with AB Acquisition
- Dan Salemi to be named president of pharmacy at new Albertsons
- Retailers, suppliers recover, provide relief in Sandy's aftermath
LOS ANGELES — Albertsons has placed an order for what is being called the "first true food bar" for dogs.
All American Pet Co. said Friday it received an order from the grocer for NutraBars, which are designed to be high in protein and low in fat, and are made in the United States.
The company said it also was expecting an order for Chewies Dog Treats, which are all-natural and made with peanuts, cheese and bacon. Albertsons, based in Boise, Idaho, operates 1,119 stores under 12 banners in 29 states.