- Albertsons to acquire Safeway in deal worth more than $9.1 billion to Safeway shareholders
- Two Supervalu board members, both with Cerberus, resign in wake of Safeway/Albertsons deal
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- McKesson names industry veterans Chris Dimos, Melanie Nallicheri to SVP roles
- Safeway begins exit of Chicago market
LOS ANGELES — Albertsons has placed an order for what is being called the "first true food bar" for dogs.
All American Pet Co. said Friday it received an order from the grocer for NutraBars, which are designed to be high in protein and low in fat, and are made in the United States.
The company said it also was expecting an order for Chewies Dog Treats, which are all-natural and made with peanuts, cheese and bacon. Albertsons, based in Boise, Idaho, operates 1,119 stores under 12 banners in 29 states.