- Albertsons to acquire Safeway in deal worth more than $9.1 billion to Safeway shareholders
- Albertson's LLC opens pharmacy inside California hospital
- Two Supervalu board members, both with Cerberus, resign in wake of Safeway/Albertsons deal
- Safeway begins exit of Chicago market
- Supervalu commits to fixing retail banners, reports positive IDs for Save-A-Lot
BOISE, Idaho — Albertsons has confirmed that it plans to shutter 26 locations.
“This is part of our typical review cycle, and after reviewing store performance, we determined that these stores could not be positioned for future profitability, with the exception of the two stores in Acme that were closed for underperformance. The two Acme stores were closed because the leases are expiring,” the company said in a statement sent to Drug Store News.
The closures include 22 locations that are part of Albertson’s LLC, as well as two Acme and two Shaw’s locations that are part of New Albertsons Inc. Albertsons LLC and New Albertsons Inc. are part of AB Acquisition.