FULLERTON, Calif. Albertsons, a Supervalu company, on Monday launched a new online community, AlbertsonsWellbeing.com, that will provide users with tools to help them make easy, value-driven choices for healthier living.
“As a retail grocer committed to being a leader in the area of health and nutrition, our company understands the long-term importance of a forum with interactive tools and knowledge to enable our customers to make healthier life decisions," stated Stephanie Martin, Albertsons director of communications and public affairs.
Albertsons Wellbeing was developed in conjunction with Albertsons’ nutritionist Heidi Diller and Albertsons’ clinical pharmacist Jeff Ward to ensure that its community discussion forums, well-being tips and recipes help users discover accurate nutritional and supplement information.
And the site has a social media component; AlbertsonsWellbeing.com makes it easy for users to contribute their own ideas and interact with other people who are interested in healthy living, including user-provided video and discussion boards.
In addition to Diller and Ward, some of the regular contributors will include:
- Jason Mednick, who will provide quick-and-easy food tips and shortcuts for an active lifestyle;
- Kyle Gorham, a “fearless” food explorer who likes to test out adventurous, healthy eating ideas and share the results;
- Lilia Rodriguez is open to trying out new recipes and cooking techniques. She will write about managing her blood sugar through healthy eating;
- Stephanie Martin, a sports lover who believes in fueling her body but also leaving room for dessert;
- Scott Snelders will write about striking the right balance between good-for-you and food that is good, especially when it comes to nutrition at work; and
- Laurie Raymundo, a busy mom who is trying to get dinner on the table while also keeping tabs on her two young children.
“We recognize that our customers are busy, and healthier choices can sometimes fall by the wayside,” Martin said. “We designed the Albertsons Wellbeing site to be a daily resource, where this community will enable each other to make food, cooking and healthy choices that are smart for themselves and their families.”
Albertsons will hold a Twitter contest to kick off AlbertsonsWellbeing.com. From Jan. 15 to Jan. 31, users who visit AlbertsonsWellbeing.com and tweet the announcement listed there will be entered to win a $500 gift card.