STAMFORD, Conn. — Hair care brand Alberto VO5 has declared August "National Anti-Frizz Month."
To mark the inaugural National Anti-Frizz Month, Alberto VO5 is launching a sweepstakes on Twitter from Aug. 12 to 16 allowing Alberto VO5 brand followers the chance to win free Salon Series products by re-tweeting certain facts about frizz. On Aug. 15, Alberto VO5 also will be launching a sweepstakes on the Alberto VO5 brand web site and Facebook page where consumers who vote on their favorite "terrible frizzy hair" story have the chance to win up to $5,000 in cash and VO5 Salon Series products.
In a nationwide poll conducted in July, 87% of women surveyed said they deal with the problem of frizzy hair. Nearly 75% of women polled said they scrutinize weather forecasts to plan their daily frizz-fighting routines. Almost 60% said frizz is their No. 1 dreaded hair malfunction. Among the other frizzy findings:
- 51% of respondents report experiencing frizzy hair more than four times per week
- 92% of women use products to manage their frizz, most often with shampoo/conditioner and/or an anti-frizz cream
- 25% of women have stayed at home due to a bad hair day
- 27% of women struggle with frizzy hair more when their hair is long rather than short
The VO5 Salon Series includes:
- Hot Oil Therapy Moisturizing Treatment
- Smooth + Sleek Shampoo and Conditioner
- Color Shield + Radiance Shampoo and Conditioner
- Hydrate + Nourish Shampoo and Conditioner
- Full Body + Shine Shampoo and Conditioner
- Anti-Frizz & Shine Styling Cream
- Simply Stunning Leave-In Conditioner