- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- CVS Caremark's Merlo attends reception to accept March of Dimes Citizen of the Year award
- Update: Shoppers Drug Mart execs express optimism, but few details on Loblaw deal during Q2 quarterly call
- Americans more likely than others to prefer generics, study finds
TOKYO The president and CEO of Agensys, a subsidiary of Japanese drug maker Astellas, will retire, Astellas said Tuesday.
Donald Rice founded Agensys as UroGenesys in Santa Monica, Calif., in 1996 for the development of biotech drugs for treating cancer. Astellas acquired Agensys in December 2007.
Former Allergan SVP, head of global drug development and chief medical officer Sef Kurstjens will replace Rice as president and CEO of Agensys.