- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
- Axe aims for world peace with Axe Peace, campaign
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Walgreens on Wednesday announced it has selected GSD&M to be its new brand and creative agency of record. The relationship will include broadcast, print and outdoor marketing efforts, as well as digital activation and creative.
“We are redefining the traditional drug store, and GSD&M brings the passion, experience and creativity to amplify our vision and to deliver our Well at Walgreens message to consumers in impactful ways,” stated Joe Magnacca, Walgreens president of daily living products and solutions. “As we create a new customer experience designed to delight customers and provide better, more personalized care to patients, we look forward to working with GSD&M to help tell that story.”
The first work from GSD&M is expected to break in the fall of 2012.
GSD&M is responsible for the Southwest Airlines series of "Bags Fly Free" and "Fare Play" commercials. An example of the "Fare Play" campaign, featuring a voice-over delivered by Hall of Fame football sportscaster Keith Jackson, can be seen here.
GSD&M also is the agency behind the U.S. Air Force's "It's Not Science Fiction" campaign.