- Supervalu sells 877 stores, reuniting Albertsons under one operator
- Supervalu completes deal with AB Acquisition
- Retailers, suppliers recover, provide relief in Sandy's aftermath
- Walmart, Walgreens, Supervalu join First Lady to combat food deserts
- Albertsons appoints division presidents; Justin Dye to head pharmacy
LOS ANGELES — Activate Drinks will expand distribution of its line of nutrient-enhanced waters to East Coast grocery retailers Stop & Shop and Shaw's, the company announced on Monday.
Beginning in November 2013, 400 Stop & Shop locations will carry six varieties within the Activate portfolio, which includes Activate Beauty: Exotic Berry, Activate Defy: Pomegranate Blue, Activate Defend: Orange, Activate Charged: Grape and Lemon Lime and Activate Balance: Fruit Punch.
148 Shaw's grocery stores throughout the Northeast also will carry the product. Activate has already been available to shoppers at Market Basket in the New England region for the past year.
“Activate Drinks has seen great success on the East Coast since its debut in January, and the expansion into Stop & Shop, Shaw’s and Market Basket is an amazing next step for the brand,” Reza Mirza, President of Activate Drinks said. “This new distribution will certainly increase our efforts to make Activate Drinks a household name, and we look forward to the brand’s continued expansion throughout the country.”