- Supervalu commits to fixing retail banners, reports positive IDs for Save-A-Lot
- McKesson names industry veterans Chris Dimos, Melanie Nallicheri to SVP roles
- Supervalu launches fleet of natural gas-powered trucks out of Virginia
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Walgreens gets top score among drug chains in Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index
LOS ANGELES — Activate Drinks will expand distribution of its line of nutrient-enhanced waters to East Coast grocery retailers Stop & Shop and Shaw's, the company announced on Monday.
Beginning in November 2013, 400 Stop & Shop locations will carry six varieties within the Activate portfolio, which includes Activate Beauty: Exotic Berry, Activate Defy: Pomegranate Blue, Activate Defend: Orange, Activate Charged: Grape and Lemon Lime and Activate Balance: Fruit Punch.
148 Shaw's grocery stores throughout the Northeast also will carry the product. Activate has already been available to shoppers at Market Basket in the New England region for the past year.
“Activate Drinks has seen great success on the East Coast since its debut in January, and the expansion into Stop & Shop, Shaw’s and Market Basket is an amazing next step for the brand,” Reza Mirza, President of Activate Drinks said. “This new distribution will certainly increase our efforts to make Activate Drinks a household name, and we look forward to the brand’s continued expansion throughout the country.”