- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Brand medicines at retail pharmacy to no longer be covered by Tricare for Life
LIVERMORE, Calif. — An independent wholesale drug cooperative will promote Activant Solutions’ point-of-sale software system to its members, Activant said.
The Rochester Drug Cooperative, which services more than 950 retail pharmacies, long-term care pharmacies and healthcare stores in the Northeast and Ohio, will recommend the Activant Eagle system its members. Activant Eagle allows independent pharmacies to manage all parts of their operation, including point-of-sale, inventory management, financials, purchasing, payroll and marketing.
“As margins on pharmaceutical sales continue to shrink, more and more independent pharmacies are focusing on front-of-store performance,” Activant EVP Paul Salsgiver said. “Activant is very pleased to work with [RDC] to help their members become more efficient and competitive retailers.”