- Actavis to pare down sales staff of branded-drugs division
- Actavis appoints board of directors for Irish division following Irish High Court clearance of Warner Chilcott deal
- Actavis to acquire Forest Labs. for approximately $25 billion
- Warner Chilcott settles with Zydus over generic Asacol HD
- Actavis' Lo Loestrin Fe patent upheld
PARSIPPANY, N.J. — Shareholders of Actavis and Warner Chilcott have approved the merger of the two drug makers, the companies said Tuesday.
The deal, whereby U.S.-based Actavis will acquire Ireland-based Warner Chilcott, is expected to close later this year.
Actavis and Warner Chilcott announced the $8.5 billion deal in May. Last month, three independent proxy advisory firms recommended to shareholders that the deal go through, and most European regulators have approved it. Currently, it is still awaiting approval by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission and the Irish High Court.