- Actavis to pare down sales staff of branded-drugs division
- Actavis appoints board of directors for Irish division following Irish High Court clearance of Warner Chilcott deal
- Actavis to acquire Forest Labs. for approximately $25 billion
- Actavis seeks approval for generic opioid-dependence drug
- Warner Chilcott settles with Zydus over generic Asacol HD
DUBLIN — Ireland's High Court has approved Actavis' acquisition of Warner Chilcott, the drug makers said.
The companies said the approval of Irish authorities meant that they had obtained all regulatory approvals required to complete the transaction, and that it now remained subject to satisfaction of other customary closing conditions and would occur as soon as practicable.
Actavis and Warner Chilcott announced the $8.5 billion merger deal in May. The companies' shareholders voted to approve it on Sept. 10.