- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Prestige Brands solution to pediatric overdosing — unique squeezable, single-dose APAP packet
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- FDA recommends health professionals prescribe no more than 325 mg of acetaminophen per dose
- Study: OTC ibuprofen as effective as Rx in treating post-operative pain after having tonsils removed
MORRISTOWN, N.J. — Actavis last week named Lisa Buono to lead its over-the-counter drug division as part of the company’s strategic expansion of the division.
As director of OTC, Buono will oversee the division’s day-to-day operations and will focus on identifying and capitalizing on new product opportunities. Actavis manufactures and distributes numerous nonprescription liquids, creams and ointments sold under the Actavis label and its customers’ own brands, as well as FeverAll brand acetaminophen suppositories.
Buono joined the company in mid-January, reporting to VP commercial development Terry Fullem. “We are delighted to welcome Lisa to Actavis and [are] confident that her experience in brand management and marketing, combined with her knowledge of pharmaceutical science and policy, make her the ideal person to lead our growth in OTC,” Fullem stated.
Buono brings nearly 30 years of experience in nonprescription pharmaceuticals and consumer healthcare marketing and management, including 10 years in various associate VP positions with Wyeth (now Pfizer) Consumer Healthcare.
Immediately prior to joining Actavis, Buono was a marketing consultant to OTC start-up Blacksmith Brands and to Prestige Brands. She holds an MBA in marketing from the Rutgers University Graduate School of Management and a bachelor’s degree in chemistry and mathematics from Montclair State University.