- USPLabs agrees to recall and destroy dietary supplement following FDA actions
- GPhA: FDA’s proposed rule on prescription drug labeling adds $4 billion to healthcare costs
- 21 health industry groups address FDA on proposed changes to generic drug label rules
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Diplomat becomes distributor of recently approved cancer drug
MORRISTOWN, N.J. Actavis has received regulatory approval from the Food and Drug Administration for its high blood pressure drug.
The drug maker said its losartan potassium tablets, USP, will be available in 25-mg, 50-mg and 100-mg strengths. The drug is a generic version of Merck's Cozaar.
Losartan potassium tablets, USP, had sales of approximately $940 million for the 12 months ended June 30, according to IMS Health.