- Actavis to acquire Forest Labs. for approximately $25 billion
- Actavis seeks approval for generic opioid-dependence drug
- Out of Africa continues support of West African women, children with sponsorship
- Actavis' Lo Loestrin Fe patent upheld
- Actavis enters into agreement with Mylan, Famy Care regarding generic Generess FE
ZEJTUN, Malta — Generic drug maker Actavis is donating 2 million euros worth of medicines to Libya, the company said.
Actavis announced the shipment of 170 pallets of medicines from Malta to the Libyan capital of Tripoli. The goods left Malta on Sunday and are scheduled to arrive in Tripoli this week. The products include cardiology, anti-infective, pain management and gastrointestinal drugs, among others.
"We know Libya is faced with shortages of essential supplies," Actavis Claudio Albrecht said. "That's why Actavis donates 2 million euros worth of medicines to Libya now."