- FDA approves easy-to-use injectable methotrexate for RA, psoriasis, juvenile arthritis
- Kathy Ireland's brand kiWW forms alliance to develop skin care devices
- Antares announces availability of injectable methotrexate product for arthritis, psoriasis
- Diplomat to distribute Otezla for psoriatic arthritis
- Otezla approved for the treatment of adult patients with active psoriatic arthritis
NORTH CHICAGO, Ill. — Drug maker AbbVie has hired the co-host of TLC's "What Not to Wear" to promote a new psoriasis marketing campaign, the company said Monday.
AbbVie announced that Stacy London, who has lived with psoriasis since the age of 4, would be featured in "Uncover Your Confidence," which offers educational resources and style advice for the estimated 7.5 million Americans who have the disease.
"Through the Uncover Your Confidence campaign, I hope to inspire others living with psoriasis to be self-assured through their own personal style, stay positive and find the right dermatologist to help them manage their disease," London said. "Empowering people to feel more confident in their skin is what I always strive to do, and psoriasis is a cause that is particularly near and dear to me."
The website for the campaign features seasonal style tips for home and wardrobe, videos with London answering common questions of interest for people with psoriasis, her personal story, a directory of dermatologists and other resources.