- Study: Participation in diabetes education associated with greater ability to self-manage
- Sneakz shake gets national launch
- Study pinpoints protective genetic mutations for Type 2 diabetes
- Clif Bar introduces Clif Mojo Fruit & Nut and Clif Mojo Dark Chocolate
- Abbott launches Glucerna Advance RTD to provide nutritional benefits for those with diabetes
ABBOTT PARK, Ill. — Abbott has introduced a new line of nutrition shakes and bars for people with diabetes.
Glucerna Hunger Smart includes two flavors of nutrition shakes, including homemade vanilla and rich chocolate, in addition to two flavors of nutrition bars, including chocolate peanut butter crisp and chocolate chip crisp.
"Abbott scientists have been designing and studying the benefits of nutrition formulas specifically for people with diabetes for several decades," Abbott's divisional VP of global research and development and scientific affairs Robert Miller said. "We've taken our expertise with slowly digested carbohydrates, which are clinically shown to help minimize blood sugar spikes, and have designed a new product to help manage hunger. Glucerna Hunger Smart helps to manage hunger and is designed to be an important part of a weight management plan for people with diabetes."
Glucerna products can be purchased nationwide at pharmacies, grocery stores, drug stores and mass merchandisers nationwide.