- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Researchers correlate increased heart risk to high-sodium medicines
- Study: Participation in diabetes education associated with greater ability to self-manage
- New study challenges benefits of fish oil
- Report: Dietary supplements utilized as preventive health care can save health system tens of billions of dollars
ABBOTT PARK, Ill. — Abbott on Tuesday introduced a new nutrition shake called Glucerna Advance — formulated for people with diabetes who are seeking additional nutrition and health benefits. The new product helps to minimize blood sugar spikes while supporting heart hearth and the immune system, Abbott noted.
The formula includes CarbSteady Ultra, slowly-digestible carbohydrates designed to help minimize blood sugar spikes; plant-based phytosterols and Omega 3s to support heart health; vitamin C, E and selenium to support immune health; and chromium from chromium picolinate to help support carbohydrate metabolism.
The new ready-to-drink shake will be available in both chocolate and vanilla flavors.
Get connected and follow us on LinkedIn for the most in-depth coverage of drug store news. Join the conversation.