- The Little Clinic adds new insurance provider to accepted plans
- AAFES receives design award for Tinker AFB store
- MinuteClinic forms clinical collaboration with St. Rose Dominican Hospitals
- Value, at-home products color hair care sector
- Walgreens allies with HHS to launch free flu shot outreach to disadvantaged
TINKER AIR FORCE BASE, Okla. —The opening weekend of Tinker Air Force Base’s new Exchange concept—rebranded from the Army and Air Force Exchange Service—in mid-September kicked off to great success. The store posted a 133% jump in sales as compared with the same weekend a year ago.
“We couldn’t be prouder of this new look and are excited about unveiling it in the future at Exchanges around the world,” stated Exchange Commander Maj. Gen. Bruce Casella. “This facility is setting the standard for future generations, and, based on the number of excited shoppers in its first weekend, is definitely a hit with the Tinker community.”
The new layout is divided into three major merchandise departments—Home, Life and Style—and features wider aisles for ease of shopping, AAFES reported. In addition, the customer service section was moved to the front of the store to offer service immediately upon entry.
Also, the military retailer’s new tag line, “You save, we give back,” emphasizes the Exchange’s competitive prices and support to Air Force Services and Army Morale Welfare and Recreation programs.